An aircraft is a valuable piece of machinery that requires special attention to make sure that it stays in good condition. Neglecting to take care of your aircraft can pose serious safety risks. Here are a few priceless tips to ensure that your aircraft is always safe to fly.
The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) clearly specifies what the owner of an aircraft can and can’t do for its maintenance. Be sure to check their regulations before deciding on maintenance work on your aircraft yourself.
A few useful tips!
If you want to keep you aircraft in pristine condition, try out the maintenance tips given below:
- Make sure that the drain holes in the fuselage are not blocked. A pipe cleaner can be used for this purpose. Regular cleaning of the drain holes will prevent corrosion from water.
- Clean the seats and the interior of your aircraft thoroughly with good quality cleaning products. There is nothing worse than a gross looking taking place.
- Check for signs of oil in the interior of your aircraft. The presence of oil or grease inside your aircraft will probably be an indication of a leak somewhere. In this case, get in touch with a professional aircraft maintenance expert.
- Regularly check the onboard instruments to make sure that they are working properly. Clean the glass panels on the instruments to ensure that the insides are clearly visible.
- The oil will have to be changed from every now and then. Be sure to make a record of all the times when the oil has been changed. The oil filter will also have to be replaced regularly.
- Your aircraft tires must have adequate gas pressure inside them. If your tires are not properly pressurized, accidents can happen during take-off or landing.
- Only use the best quality fuel for your aircraft. Saving a few bucks by using low grade fuel can cost you a lot later on by damaging your engine.
Hire a professional aircraft maintenance service
The tips we have given above are only useful for simple aircraft maintenance issues. However, when more serious problems pop up, you’ll need the help of a professional aircraft maintenance service to solve your problems. Make sure that the service you are hiring uses quality aircraft maintenance tools and solutions.
Industrial Man Lifts is one of the leading providers of aviation maintenance platforms and solutions. The platforms we design have advanced safety features that optimize the productivity of workers using them.
Our aircraft maintenance platforms are being used by many aircraft maintenance services and have always produced good results.
To know more about the kind of platforms we supply call (888) 730-8377 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org